Calling on all community members, business leaders, family and labor advocates, educators, tribal representatives, economic development planners, government professionals, youth and elected officials to register for the upcoming town hall on economic security and vitality!
A vibrant economy is perhaps the most sought after policy goal for our state. For this reason, New Mexico First will hold a statewide town hall on economic security and vitality to develop practical recommendations for the future. The event will focus on economic strategies that address the needs of small and large businesses – as well as low and middle-income families. The event will encourage participants to think creatively about strengthening the states’ economic health in ways that reach people from all walks of life.
Town hall participants will focus on key issues surrounding the economy in New Mexico:
- Economic stability for low and middle income families, including the role of the nonprofit sector on the state's economy
- Our changing workforce, including opportunities for engaging "millennials" in the new economy
- Industry diversification & new business recruitment
- Advancing a friendly business climate and a culture of entrepreneurship
- New opportunities for rural and tribal development
- The role of government in the economy, including government dollars and opportunities for public-private partnerships
Both Days: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Location: Marriott Pyramid North, 5151 San Francisco Rd NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87109