Research and Facilitation
In addition to our annual statewide town hall, New Mexico First develops customized events and research papers for communities, government agencies, universities, nonprofits and businesses. Are you a decision-maker struggling with a problem that needs a widely accepted solution? Does your community need to develop a shared vision for growth and development? Is your agency considering a new policy that requires citizen feedback?
New Mexico First has a history of over 25 years in solving these problems. Our nationally recognized process and highly skilled facilitators can get you past arguing to action. Whether you need a full three-day town hall or a one-day summit, our events provide participants with a well-researched and balanced background report, a unique process to reach consensus, and concrete recommendations.
Issues addressed in recent events include:
- Resolving school redistricting controversy
- Visioning the future for local government
- Developing a statewide curriculum
- Enabling multiple organizations to work together
- Developing regional plans for risk management of resources
- Implementing government mandated changes Improving career awareness, training, and employment
- Enabling coordinated action at the community and state levels
- Identifying funding options for infrastructure investments
- Implementing policy due to changes in legislation or regulation
Our fees are based on the scope of work, event length, and staffing requirements, plus facility and catering fees. We offer services in event design, outreach and registration, logistics management, issues research, facilitation, media management, and post-event implementation. New Mexico First makes every attempt to work cooperatively with each client to keep the scope of work within range of the client’s budget.
The timeline for planning an event is determined by the length and type of event. For example, a full, three-day town hall typically takes about six months. A one-day forum, summit, or retreat usually takes two to four months in preparation. This ensures adequate time and effort is put into the process, resulting in quality recommendations. We also offer post-event support to help the client establish and manage an implementation or action team to advance recommendations from the event.
To learn more about how we can help you find consensus on your critical issues, contact us here.