New Mexico First Announces 2016 Town Hall Topic: Economic Security and Vitality! A vibrant economy is perhaps the most sought after policy goal for our state. For this reason, New Mexico First will hold a statewide town hall on economic security and vitality to develop practical recommendations for the future. The event will focus on economic strategies that address the needs of small and large businesses – as well as low and middle-income families. The event will encourage participants to think creatively about strengthening the states’ economic health in ways that reach people from all walks of life.
This one-time event will bring together citizens for a two-day, consensus driven deliberation that will produce a concrete, actionable platform of recommendations on economic policy. We expect the town hall to draw about 250 people from all corners of the state. That platform will be presented to federal, state and local policymakers as well as private sector leaders and communities throughout New Mexico.
Town hall participants will focus on key issues surrounding the economy in New Mexico:
- Our changing workforce, including opportunities for engaging "millennials" in the new economy
- Industry diversification & new business recruitment
- Advancing a friendly business climate and a culture of entrepreneurship
- New opportunities for rural and tribal development
- Economic stability for low and middle income families, including the role of the nonprofit sector on the state's economy
- The role of government in the economy, including government dollars and opportunities for public-private partnerships
Date: May 19-20, 2016
Location: Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid
Registration will open soon at www.nmfirst.org.